In this episode Maxi and Andrew continue to delve further into chronic pain management with 3 special guests. Our guests today are University of Alberta PT professor Dr. Geoff Bostick and clinicians Janet Holly and Murray Kowalczyk.
We cover the following in this episode:
- What is pain science education?
- Which patients should we giving pain science education to?
- A useful analogy to use with patients in helping patients reflect on their personal story
- What are the core components that make up pain science education?
- Why we need to be reflective as therapists in evaluating our interactions with patients?
- What’s the evidence for the effectiveness of pain science education?
- Why should pain science education should be a part of every therapist’s toolkit?