What is it?
The EBRSR is an extensive summary of the current evidence available for stroke rehabilitation and recovery. This includes a review of:
- The clinical signs and symptoms of a stroke based on site of lesion and arterial supply
- Principles of neurological recovery and prognosis
- Useful outcome measures to assess functional impairment and progress in cognition, upper and lower extremities deficits
- Important principles of stroke rehabilitation
- Secondary prevention of additional stokes
- Specific suggestions for cognitive, upper and lower extremity treatment interventions supported in the evidence
This resource is a great tool for clinicians working with patients following a stroke and for students preparing for a neurological clinical placement or for the national exam. The information is well organized, and easily digestible. On it’s 16th version, this resource is continuously updated as new information emerges making it a reliable source.